Monday, June 24, 2019

Was I ever Really There?

Was I Ever Really There?
By KG Carroll

Sometimes I sit and stare out the window, 
looking at the leaves on the trees and letting 
my mind wander to the point I don’t know what I’m thinking of anymore. 
When I comeback I know not how long I’ve been gone. 
Has any of that time meant anything at all? 
I wonder what others think I’m doing in this state. 
Was I aware at all? 
People tell me they have had awesome talks with me, 
I have no memory of any of them at all. 
What does that mean about them or me? 
Can I be there and not be there at the same time? 
It most be so since it happens all the time, 
so once again was I ever there at all? 
Can a mind be there and the body some-
place else or is the body there and the mind somewhere else? 
I guess if I have left an imprint on another’s memory, 
I must have been there after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment